Monday, February 05, 2007

The Loop.............great service!

Ok, I was down at The Loop for the second week in a row and it was definitly a great service. The praise and worship was great and God really spoke to me in through this message. It was the last part of a two part series...Meaningful Relationships. Bringing people into the Body of Christ and creating relationships in order for them to stay. The guest speaker this week was Chris Conlee from Memphis. He started with John 15:12-14 "This is my commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you."

He talked about the 2 Great commandments "Love God, Love People" and how are we walking that out. If we come to great services, and the speakers are awesome, but no meaningful relationships are built, then people won't stay.

God's commandment isn't to KNOW more, but to LOVE more.
Independence from relationships is independence from God.

He talked about Excellence attracts people, but Relationship keeps them. Without friends, meaningful relationships, it is impossible to be happy, healthy and holy.
He said "What is more important than meaningful relationships? What is more difficult than meaningful relationships? What is more rewarding than meaningful relationships?"

God built the church on meaningful relationships. It is important to have Friend development rather than always having Self Development (speaking about all of the self help books out there).

The Information Age we live in has given us more information at our fingertips, more knowledge at our fingertips and we are lonelier than ever before. It has brought more Isolation from meaningful relationships.

Hebrews 10:24-25 This verse isn't about attendance, it's about relationship. It is far more difficult to drift out of friendship than attendance. Faithfulness depends upon connectedness. Friendships can inspire faithfulness or faithlessness. The church is at it's best when we build meaningful relationships.

You need God's people, just as much as you need God. You will not overcome problems without God's people. You can't reach your full potential without meaningful relationships.
Anyway, this was from my notes and it was really good. I can honestly say that I don't know when I have ever had a group of people make me feel so welcome and helping me to get plugged in. People I met last week looking for me this week, coming to sit with me, making sure I knew about all of the upcoming events. Emailing me to do lunch and stay connected. It is a great atmosphere that makes you feel like you are not going to fall through the cracks. If your single, check out The Loop on Monday nights in Brentwood. Starts at 7:30 and here is their link:
www.theloopnashville.com
Lot's of great events coming up, and they really want you to be a part. I have already been invited to 3 other events. When you see people practicing what Jesus did, it draws you and endears you. Love you guys!

No comments: