Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas at Mom and Dad's



Well I just returned very late last night from East Tennessee where I have been since last Saturday. I spent Christmas with my parents and my brother and his wife and my sister and her two kids came also. It was a great break from the craziness of life. You can go home where things don't change much, and it just renew's you somehow. I did not have any access to a computer, so it was also nice to take a break from that as well. It was a nice Christmas, non eventful, low keyed, but great to be with family. Mom and Dad were so glad we were all there. We ate too much, watched too much TV (my brother got Mom and Dad season 3 of "Everybody Loves Raymond", and we pretty muched vegged. Kaitlyn was thrilled with getting a cell phone for Christmas and Mark was pretty pleased with all of his gift cards. Mom and Dad were surprised and very happy with the new bar stools and cushions that me and my sister got for them. Boy were those others on their last legs (ha!) Made a coconut cake, coconut cream pie, dressing, my sister made a pecan pie, Mom and Dad made the ham (it was yummy) and my sister in law made a great dump cake and cookies. Can't wait to get back in the gym this week! I ate way too many sweets! I hope you all had a wonderful, glorious Christmas! Be blessed!

No comments: