Monday, November 26, 2007

Family Time and Firsts


It was a good time with the fam for Thanksgiving. Mom doesn't like her picture taken so it's hard to get her in there. We had lots of food, sweet potato casserole, dressing, pecan pie, coconut cake, mac and cheese, turkey, ham, potato salad, green bean casserole.....I am sure I left out something, but all good stuff. My favorite part though, is a turkey sandwich the next day with the leftovers. Life is an adventure and full of firsts, so this weekend I had a few. My nephew Mark brought over Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3 and taught me how to play both. I was game, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Halo is definitely for guys, but I spent 2 hours playing and learning how to just use the controls. I did kill Mark a few times, but only because he stood still and let me. Oh well, I can say I have played now. Guitar Hero was fun, Pat Benatar (Hit me with your best shot) will never sound the same again. It reminded me of DDR so I did pretty decent. I am sure it is nothing like the real thing though. Then I got to house sit this weekend for my friends Clay and RyLee and keep their new puppy dog Oskar! Oskar is great! 4 months old and growing fast! He is already 27 pounds! Clay says he is supposed to get to 65 pounds. He walked me around the block a couple of times. He was missing his Mommy and Daddy so nothing could keep him from sleeping with me. He is such a cutie! I will add some pics of him later.

Hope you all had a wonderful, amazing Thanksgiving. Tam

No comments: