Saturday, January 12, 2008

Randomness.........


Decorating and Design--Well, I was truly blessed when a friend gave me her old kitchen table, which did'nt look old at all. Beautiful 48" round dark wood top with iron legs. Then I found 4 iron chairs on Craigslist (love that site) that matched the legs of the table so I was able to get those. Well, I am reupholstering the seats of the chairs and have included the before and after pics of the first chair completed. It's fun, but I am just ecstatic over how it looks. It's going to definitely brighten up the place for sure.

Life---wow....what to share and what not to share. I can honestly say that I have had some extreme challenges in my life, in several areas of my life, at the same time. Ummm, no need to go into details, because there will be an amazing witness and testimony that will come out of all of this, and God will get ALL of the Glory. John 10:10 says that the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. That means in every area of our lives, spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially, financially, relationally. He left nothing out. I have learned that just when you think you have reached the lowest point, the hardest point in your life, you can still stand because of Jesus, when you thought that you would be crushed under it all. It is because of Him that I am who I am, It is He who has made me and not me myself. There was this guy, and he was sharing with us about a friend of his that had committed suicide; and he asked the question "How does someone get to that point? How do you get there?" I can honestly say that I now understand how people get there, how the enemy comes at them just like John 10:10 says, until they feel that there is no other hope. But because of Jesus, who is ALL hope, we can overcome any attack of the enemy. You see, it is not that as followers of Christ we don't go through the same things that everyone else does, that we don't experience some really hard blows, but it is what we do with it, what we do in those times, who we turn to (Jesus) that makes us different and shines a light into a very, very dark world and gives hope to others who think there is none. Is it easy? not even, it has been the hardest time of my life, but that does not change who and what Jesus is and what He has and is and will be doing in my life.
I went to a prayer service the other night, and it really ministered to me. It helped me to get my mind off of myself and God gave me a right perspective again. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and I will add all of these things to you." God knows I need "all" of those things added to me, to my life right here, right now, however, if I don't seek the kingdom of God first and seek to help others first, then all those things will be nothing.
So as the Holy Spirit woke me up very early one morning and had me open to it, I now proclaim it over every single area of my life! Malachi 3:10-12 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.

Movies---Well I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was cute for sure. Several parts made me laugh out loud. I want to see the new Veggie Tales movie that came out this weekend "The Pirates who do nothing". I get the humor in Veggie Tales and it makes me laugh. I love to laugh, and really need to laugh now more than ever. It is so good for the soul. There is a lot of negative out there, it feels like we are totally swimming up stream sometimes, so when I go to the movies, I want to be entertained, something that makes me feel good, makes me laugh, makes me sigh with love. Corny or not, that's me and I make no apologies for it.

I could say a whole lot more, but nuff said for now.

No comments: