Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Eagles Nest

Have you ever heard the story of the Eagles nest? The eagles build their nests high up in the rocks so predators can't get to it. It's a large nest for her young eagles, made of strong branches, sticks etc. She lines it with everything soft that she can find, leaves, grass, feathers. She feeds them day after day, and they grow day after day, larger and larger until the nest starts to get too small. But at the appointed time, when the eagles are almost ready to fly, the mother eagle starts removing day by day, little by little the feathers, the leaves, the grass. Every day the nest becomes a little more uncomfortable, it becomes harder and harder to find a soft spot without branches and sticks poking, hurting. Then one day, every bit of softness, comfort and warmth is totally removed from the nest. It has become so uncomfortable for the small eagles, that they can't stand it anymore and one by one they go to the edge of the nest, and jump. They fly for the first time and it is a glorious thing.

We all have different times in our life when we are in the eagles nest. It does not mean we are still a baby follower of Christ, it does mean we are growing, learning and being taught, being prepared for that new thing, new area in our life God is taking us, has been preparing for us. See the small eagles had to take a risk, had to get out of the most uncomfortable place in their life, in order to soar to new heights. God is the same way with us. We get comfortable where we are, the box or nest we have created, but a life without risk, as I have said before, is no life at all. It takes courage to step up to the edge of the nest and jump. It is scary indeed, but, sometimes in order to get that breakthrough, in order to soar to the higher places God has for us, we have to do it scared. Going back into that nest, and trying to sit, trying to get comfortable, trying to keep the status quo has become unbearable. I know, because this is where I am. It has become so extremely uncomfortable that I have to move, I have to step to the edge of the nest, take risk, and jump. Only then can I soar into everthing God has planned for me. Only then can I be the most effective for Him and for His glory. To stay where I am is miserable. Yea, I know, this can make you very vulnerable, but when you have given it all up, laid down everything you know at Jesus feet and said "Lord Here I am, whatever you want me to do, wherever you want me to go, I'm totally yours" then He can bring about His plan, His best for you.

This past year God has been preparing me, growing me, showing me things like never before. Giving me glimpses of His plans, molding me, shaping me, making me into a new person. I have been through places I have not been before, had to do things like I have never had to do before, learned things that I had never learned before. It has been at times very hard, very difficult and at the same time glorious, revelational and humbling; but, He has never failed to encourage me, confirm His word and His plan over and over again. So here we are, on the brink, ready to jump, ready to soar.......scared and anxious at the same time. To be continued.......................

No comments: